Saturday, December 13, 2014

'I consider myself a humanist': Beyonce reveals her feelings about feminism and marriage in new short film starring Blue Ivy

             



    Beyonce is considered many things - pop icon and sex symbol are just a few that come to mind - but she defines herself as a humanist.The 33-year-old has released a new short film Yours And Mine starring her adorable daughter Blue Ivy, two, to commemorate the one year anniversary of her self-titled visual album.In the revealing eleven and a half minute montage, Queen Bey breaks down in tears as she opens up about her struggle with celebrity, views on feminism, and her thoughts on marriage.The black and white clip is intercut with images from her visual album as the 7/11 singer waxes philosophical. 


    During the more revealing moments, as she discusses her complex relationship with fame, Bey sports short cropped blonde hair as tears stream down her face. 'I sometimes wish I could be anonymous walking down the street like everyone else,' she admits. 'Before I was famous I was the girl on the hill with a guitar. I was the girl that just wanted a beautiful view of the beach. Now that I'm famous it's really, really difficult to do very simple things.'


    'I think it's the hardest thing to give up, but my mother always taught me to be strong and to never be a victim, never make excuses, never expect anyone else to provide me things that I know I can provide for myself,' the singer said with emotion. 'I have dreams and I feel like I have a power to actually make those dreams become a reality. When you're famous, no one looks at you as a human anymore. You become property of the public. There's nothing real about it.'



     She went on to explain: 'You can't put your finger on who I am. I can't put my finger on who I am. I am complicated. I grew up with a lot of conflict and dramas and I've been through a lot, just like everyone else.' 

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...