Friday, January 23, 2015

My younger sister died of heart related ailment - Pres. Jonathan



  President Jonathan says his late younger sister, Mrs Nancy Oleic-Jonathan, who died on Jan. 4th, died of heart related ailment. The president made this known today while speaking at her funeral at Stephen’s Anglican Church, Otuoke, Bayelsa State.


  "Nancy that died was my immediate younger sister, though we were not from the same mother.I was very sad when she died because I knew she has been passing through pains for a very long time.Sometimes I felt God has been really kind to her. She started developing problems with her heart when I was deputy governor, then I started asking questions. I asked my personal physician where do we treat her. My doctor told me that the nearest place to treat her was Ghana. So I said we have so many teaching hospitals in Nigeria and none can attempt to work on a human heart. I was worried. But today I am happy that University of Ibadan is handling open heart surgery. We thank God she was able to live above the golden age of 50,” Jonathan said.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...