Saturday, November 21, 2015

Phuc Dat Bich : Man Named Phuc Dat Bich Posts Passport On Facebook To Prove His Identity


   Vietnamese-Australian called Phuc Dat Bich has spoken of his anger after repeatedly being blocked by Facebookaccording to Times Of India reports:

   The 23-year-old, whose name is pronounced Phoo Da Bic, has posted an image of his passport on the social media site after it banned him several times.His picture of proof, and its accompanying message, has been shared more than 123,000 times.“I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it,” he said.“I’ve been accused of using a false and misleading name of which I find very offensive.”
   He went on to explain that his frustration was due to what he suggested was a lack of understanding in the West for names which appear amusing to some.“Is it because I’m Asian? Is it?” he asked in the post.“Having my (Facebook) shut down multiple times and forced to change my name to my ‘real’ name, so just to put it out there. My name.“Yours sincerely, Phuc Dat Bich”.It is not the first time Facebook has blocked users from their profile accounts as a result of their name.

   Most recently, a woman whose first name is Isis said Facebook would not let her sign in – tweeting that the social media site thought she was “a terrorist”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...