Saturday, November 29, 2014

Prison break gone bad in Oya State prison as robbery suspect gets stuck while trying to escape his cell

                                                                 


          A 35 year old robbery suspect got stuck in a hole as he tried to escape his cell from his cell in Oyo. The inmate, Femi Akanji was caught after burgling a shop on the 12th of November 2014..He narrated to the Tribune why he decided to escape  from the cell to avoid the trouble he had put himself into, unknown to him that he was complicating matter. After my two cell mates had slept, he started using his hands to dig the wall silently in the dead of the night. I started from a point where i noticed a crack in the cell. When some bricks fell, i further used them in digging and after i had created a hole,
         I pushed my head into it and tried to escape before dawn. Unfortunately for me, i got stuck, so i shouted. My cry brought the policemen on duty towards the cell and woke my co-inmates up. That was how i was rescued and secured till i was brought to Ibadan.”Now, i know that crime does not pay. If God should save me from the current situation i am in now, i will never venture into crime again in my life. I have realized that whatever is acquired fraudulently or any ill-gotten wealth does not last. I have my time and life. If i had been contented with my little business and had not engaged in crime, i would not have lost my belongings which now serve as part of the exhibits recovered.”

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...