Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sir Shina Peters: I’ve autographed countless boobs

Legendary Afro Juju Musician, Sir Shina Peters opened up to the SUN 

 Can you remember the first time you performed live?
It was a very long time ago. I can’t remember, honestly; I can’t.
 When you wake up on the day of the show, what do you normally do?
That depends on my mood. I don’t do anything special. I may either eat or not. However, I could be going for a show and see a corn seller and ask my driver to park so I could buy and eat. But one important thing I do is that I don’t listen to any music on the day of a show because I don’t want to be influenced by any other music including mine; that helps me to stay focused.
You‘re quite energetic on stage. Do you take any stimulants?
No, I have never smoked or taken any stimulant in my entire life. Though I drink beer, I don’t take energy boosters. All the action you see on the stage is natural because I enjoy what I do.
 Do you treat your voice specially?
I neither treat my voice nor use any special concoction. Also, I have never tried to emulate any singer; my voice is just natural.

How do you relate with your fans, both male and female?
My fans cut across all the tribes in Nige­ria. In fact, I have more fans in the eastern part of Nigeria than the western part where we have the Yoruba, and after my God, my fans come next so we have a very cordial relationship.
What are the crazy things a male fan done to you?
On stage I do a lot of crazy things so if a male fan appreciates me with crisps naira notes it is no big deal because I have also done a lot for them. I am very close to my  male fans to the extent that we relate as one family.
What about female fans?
My female fans love me and that does not mean that I take advantage of them. I know that indeed they love me because they have done lots of crazy things to me.
Which one will you say was the craziest?
They have done a lot of crazy things to me but that does not mean we are bed-mates. Women love me so much because I am an artiste that fights for women’s rights.
Let’s know one crazy thing a fe­male fan has done to you?
Hmmm, I have autographed so many boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...