Saturday, November 22, 2014

Rita Edmond opens up on being ‘Pregnant’ for Phyno

                                                                                 

         Upcoming, singer Rita Edmond became popular after rumours hinted that she was romantically involved with rapper, Phyno and had even gotten pregnant for him. The singer opens up in an interview with The Sun on how the “pregnancy” boosted her career and how she would react if Phyno asked her out. Excerpts below:

How did the pregnancy rumour for Phyno affect you and how did you cope with it?
         The Phyno saga actually hit me like a ton of bricks! I had no idea where the story came from. It was so embarrassing. People kept calling to ask if I was actually pregnant for Phyno. The news was everywhere.It went viral on social media. Honestly, I laughed when the first person mentioned it. I thought it was just a joke until she told me it was a hot item in the news. I was shocked when I saw my picture and Phyno’s on social media stating the heartbreaking rumour. I actually cried because of the dirt on my image as a young lady. But I have put it behind me and moved on.
Are you saying you were not in any relationship with Phyno?
         I never dated Phyno and I don’t intend to go into a romantic relationship with him. But, he is a nice and handsome guy even if I have a crush on him; it will be because of his style of music.
What if he decides to go into a relationship with you?
Let him come and ask me out then we will find out (laughter).
How did that rumour transform your career?
        It affected my career positively. People were happy because Phyno is loved by many. In fact, I won’t mince words be­cause the experience opened doors for me. Wherever I go, before I say Jackie Robinson, people ask ‘Are you Rita Edmond, Phyno’s girlfriend?’ And I tell them that no, I am Rita Edmond but I am not dating Phyno.They give me preferential treatment whereever I go. It has actually helped me to make meaningful friendships in the entertainment industry.
Who is the guy after your heart?
       Honestly, I have someone in my life but it is my private life. Most people have been asking on social media if the guy in the video of Lovy Lovy is my man. Let me state here categorically that he is not my boyfriend but a model.
What is your ideal man like?
       (Smiles) My ideal man has to be good looking, hardworking, should have a clear, smooth skin and a sense of purpose, and above all, he must be God fearing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...