Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Body art fanatic spends seven years transforming himself into human platypus

          
          Jenya Bolotov has stretched eight parts of his face to achieve the duck-billed mammal look saying being a platypus is ‘what I have always wanted to be’.

          He added: ‘Externally, I am now a platypus. Inside though, I am more like a bird. They’re my spirit animal and they come to me in my dreams.’His body modifications include two holes either side of his nostrils, giant plugs in lips to give himself a ‘beak’, a hole inserted into his septum and stretched ear lobes.
       The 26-year-old, from Russia, is also the first person to get the bridge of his nose stretched. Jenya, who is single, said: ‘I love platypus – the way they look and even the word ‘platypus’ itself. I like the way my stretched face and lips now look like a platypus bill.‘All of the modifications I have added to my body make me feel whole. This is what I am now. It is what I have always wanted to be.’As a child Jenya was shy and felt like he didn’t belong in the human world.
        He first explored body piercings when he was just ten-years-old and his obsession spiraled from there.He said: ‘I was a very quiet child. When I was a kid, I felt as if I didn’t belong in this world. I felt like it wasn’t my world and that I was looking at it as if from outside. I knew that I would have to genuinely change myself and live differently to feel happy. Aged 19, he began stretching his lips to look like the egg-laying mammal.His lips are now 58mm wide on his bottom lip and 33mm on his top lip.
        He said: ‘Then my friend said that if anyone could achieve a truly big, horizontal lip, they would look like a platypus. I wanted to be like that. I loved the large bill of a platypus.’He added:’I can eat, talk and speak on the phone like everyone else. Nothing has changed at all. I do attract a lot of negative attention when I walk down the street and sometimes people make mean comments.‘I’m used to it now though and I just try to ignore them.’More pic below


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...