Monday, October 20, 2014

Did President Obama’s Credit Card Got Declined During Date Night ?



Turns out presidents are just like us.
While signing an executive order to help protect consumers from credit-card fraud, President Barack Obama announced that he recently had his own credit card declined at a New York City restaurant.
The president swore it wasn’t due to unpaid bills, though, but isn’t that what we all say in that predicament?
“Turns out, I guess I don’t use it enough,” the president said about why his card might be declined. “They thought there was some fraud going on.”
“I was trying to explain to the waitress, ‘No really, I think that I’ve been paying my bills.’ So even I’m affected by this,” Obama said to reporters on hand to watch the signing of the order at the Consumers Financial Protection Bureau.
That’s when First Lady Michelle Obama had to step in and pay for the bill with her own card.
Way to make date night awkward.
While the president may have been embarrassed by the credit card gaffe, imagine being the waiter who had to ask the Commander in Chief for another credit card.
White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters, “I'm not able to speak to the current status of the presidential credit card,”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...